Sunday, March 7, 2010

RideSwimRideRun


What a week!

I Spent Monday slaying the park... alright, maybe not slaying it, but at least lappin' all day. Found out I still need practice on rails and half-pipe, I wrecked pretty hard in the pipe and my knees were definitely feeling it. I also did a forty five minute swim at Gold's Gym on Monday, 1250 meters. It felt really good to get back in the water. I still really enjoy using the Total Immersion method of swimming, it just feels easier to me.

On Tuesday I decided I couldn't pass up going on a run on a 45 degree night, in Utah, in March. So, I started running, no music, and I just kept running. I ended up doing four miles. I know that's not a huge distance, but for me it is. Especially when I hadn't been running in about six months. I felt GREAT the whole run and I probably could have kept going, but it was getting late. I really think all the lifting I did during the winter helped a lot with my running.

Wednesday I decided to do something I had never done before, a full hour of swimming! I made sure to go a little slower at first to ensure my finish, but I still held a good pace using 12-16 strokes per 25m lap. I'm pretty sure I did just under 2500 meters.

On Thursday the weather started turning colder and it started to snow. You would think that would stop me from going on my run... NOPE! I did 4.5 miles, I was slow and felt pretty crappy BUT I did it.

I took Friday off.

On Saturday I got me some pow on Milly, some good air off a few cat tracks and then I decided to throw myself off a cliff. Normally this cliff isn't really much of a cliff, only about 15-20 feet, normally. However, on that day, there was an extra couple feet of snow on top and a lip off the top AND I got way too much speed on it. So I ended up launching about 30 feet high and 20 feet far... past my landing, to flat. Landing from 30 feet high to flat is not good for your bindings. My base plate shattered and the actual base of the binding cracked in half. I was okay, but dang, I love those bindings. I think I can repair them or at least make some franken-bindings out of them. Thanks Drell for hookin me up with a temporary replacement binding. Man, I was in the freakin air for 3-5 seconds, it was FUN! Then I got home and went for a 30 minute swim, mostly kick drills.

This weekend was also our cheat weekend, as far as nutrition goes. My wife and I will only eat junk once a month. So we ate Chef Tom's [in Taylorsville] for dinner on Saturday, it was pretty good. The best part was the Mini Cadburry Eggs, which I ate pretty much the whole bag, and Alice in Wonderland. Great show.

Wow, this is long! Anyhow, for training, I'm gonna go for five to six miles this week on the run and probably keep the swim at about an hour. For riding, I expect to have a good day on Monday, hopefully a few new inches of fresh, if not, I guess it'll be another park day.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment