Thursday, October 25, 2012

Winter is Here


Utah's winter has begun... I had just enough time to get to the snow line in Big Cottonwood Canyon and snap a picture.The good stuff, however, is a steady flow shots on the interwebs from Utah locals like the Provo brothers, Kyle Fischer and many more, shows this winter is off to a good start. Though I’m not holding my breath for another stellar winter like 10/11, I am optimistic about having a very average year. That is by no means disappointing after the lack of fluffy stuff in 2012. It’s actually not disappointing after any season, really, especially when you look at how hard the snow industry was hit by the dry 11/12 winter. I’m not going to pretend I have insider info about the industry or anything like that, but the news about Burton aborting Forum, Special Blend and FourSquare is a sobering reminder of the fragility of our beloved industry. If you’re a snowboarder, I know you get this rammed down your throat all that time, but it’s still not often enough; Buy local. If you’re as lucky as me and have awesome shops in your ‘hood, like Milo and Salty Peaks, shop at those places!

Anyhow, I can’t wait to get on the snow this season! I hope you’re getting the goods while, at least for today, I play cubicle jockey… 

No comments:

Post a Comment