Thursday, January 30, 2014

Five Things Not To Say to Someone Missing a Powder Day



In light of me having to be at work today, I created this list real quick. These are based off of things people have actually said to me or asked me...



Five Things Not To Say to Someone Missing a Powder Day


1) Boy, you must be excited about all this new snow!

While I am happy that the storm might be helping the water shed, it’s not helping the scowl on my face every time someone asks me this.  


2) There will always be another storm…

This is true. However, given the recent patterns developing in our winter weather (thanks a lot Fukushima) we have to take advantage of every inch of pow!


3) At least you’ll get to go up when it’s sunny tomorrow!

Nope. Not a consolation. Anyone who has ever ridden a storm day that just pukes refills all day knows that it simply can’t be replicated.


4) Well it’s good you’re getting _________ done today.

Yes, getting stuff done is good. However, while most things will wait until tomorrow… fluffy pow will not.


5) Can’t you just appreciate the fun your friends are posting to Instagram/Facebook?

I am stoked for my friends getting pitted… but if anything I avoid social media like the plague until the day is over. Talk about salt in the wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment