Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why I Love Snowboarding

Almost 5 months since the last post... guess that's the nature of a snowboard blog. Anyhow, no fancy title for this one; I'm just going to explain why (at least I think why) I have so much passion for snowboarding. This post blew up into some sort of journal entry/weird blog-therapy session for me... ha ha. So now, real quickly I will explain why I love snowboarding; and over the next few weeks I will post the background on the experiences that granted me such passion for it.

Snowboarding is one of the first things that I stuck with. It didn't come naturally to me. I had to truly work my ass of to even learn how to link turns. I didn't get into it from watching 'Subjekt Haakonsen', or any other one of those films that premier each fall. I never really learned to skateboard. Maybe that means I'm not "core" or whatever, but I guarantee I have more fun on the mountain than a lot of those "core" riders. It was the first time I had started something that was outside of my comfort zone and followed it through to the point of I-don't-suck-at-it-anymore. The bruises, sweat, tears and frustration I poured into teaching myself have made me cherish every cliff drop, pow slash and park sesh I have the joy of experiencing. People call me crazy for going back the the sport that put me in the hospital for three days... they don't understand. As long as I can stand up, I'll be shredding.

2 comments:

  1. I will picture this whole page read with that totally shredder, almost surfer dude kind of voice (you know like the turtle on Nemo?)--cause that will forever be the voice in my head for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, yeah, I've always got that vibe I guess... ha ha! Thanks for reading, I'll try to keep it at least kind of interesting.

      Delete