Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm a triathlete!

Here are my results:

http://milliseconds.com/participants/detail/805673658

I am officially a triathlete! My finish time wasn't great but my goal was under two hours and I did 1:51:49, 15th in my division (of 16 lol!) and 303rd place overall (I think out of like 800 participants). The sad part was I was in 6th place in my division and 130th overall after the swim... I need to work on my bike and run!!!

The race overall went almost exactly how I predicted it would. A 15 minute swim, I did 16 minutes. An hour bike, I did about 55 minutes. A 30 minute run, I did 34 minutes. The swim was great. I had no issues with the open water swim. The bike was pretty good, but about half way through my right calf cramped pretty bad, but I pushed through and it went away. The run sucked. Half of it was uphill and off-road, I was not prepared at all for that. The last mile, both of my quads cramped worse than I've ever felt anything cramp before, but I made it. Overall it was a great time and I want to do it again next year for sure!!! I think I am hooked on triathlon now, just another expensive hobby...

Thanks TriUtah for a great race!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment